Here I Stand

Here I Stand

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday = College Football


For me, Saturday = College Football.
 
Thats just how it has always been, ever since I was a kid. My father didn't come to my homecoming after Iraq because Florida had a home game that day, and he had season tickets. I understood, and would have made the same decision. Thats how it is in our family, and throughout the SEC. For me, today revolves around Florida vs LSU at 4:30 (Pacific)
 
Currently I find myself engrossed in a very good Michigan vs MSU game, and cheering for a Big 10 Spartan team that my girlfriend likes almost as much as I like Florida. I'll also be checking in on Army vs. Tulane. My alma mater was terrible while I was at the Academy, but the last few years Army has managed to win a few, and once again I find myself singing On Brave Old Army Team!
 
Many people have let their foul opinions of the BCS ranking system known throughout the Internet, but I kind of like it. I'm not going to say that it is without its flaws, but I enjoy watching the games, and cheering for or against teams that I have no interest in, but only because a strategic win or loss will move up my beloved Gators, or drop down those damn dirty Seminoles - and I will always cheer for an SEC team no matter who they're playing. Have to make sure our conference stays strong.
 
Saturday is game day. Always has been, always will be. If you're not watching football right now, then you're wrong...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment