Here I Stand

Here I Stand

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Occupy This

After watching the Occupy LA encampment being broken up the other night, I still don't completely understand whats going on here, and I'm not sure if any of them do either. Do I think corruption is bad? Of course I do! Corruption and manipulation fly in the face of every facet of capitalism and business. Do I think that the top 1% of America's wealth are responsible for this? Do I think they got to that point through corruption? Certainly not! It is a sad day indeed when someone can be villified for being successful, and threatened with violence or outright theft if they do not entirely support those who have contributed nothing to society. The protesters themselves seem to be falling back on what is at best faulty logic, and at worst a dangerous ignorance and misguided fervor for what would be the downfall of society.


I got this from one of my military buddies, and completely understand the sentiment. We had a mission, we knew what we were doing, and we acomplished our objectives. Also, I didn't even shit in the streets when I was in Baghdad. These kids are doing it in NYC and LA.

1 comment:

  1. Occupy Patrol Base. Perfect.
    http://www.rangerup.com/occupy.html

    ReplyDelete