Here I Stand

Here I Stand

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Customer Service

So back in August I messed up obe of my California mandated low-capacity magazines (the 10 round variety) for my FNP-40 while I was out hiking (more accurately I was climbing.) Anyway, I sent it in to Browning for either repair or replacement - by the way, if you ever have to do this, stick with USPS for shipping. UPS cost me nearly as much as a new magazine. A few weeks later i get a card in the mail stating that it is hunting season and so they are backed up, but they will be working on my issue as soon as they can. Completely understandable, and I have a few spare mags, so its fine.

Anyway, 6 weeks or so have passed since then, and yesterday I called for. Update. I spoke with Jeff, who took down my order number and asked me to hold. After a while on hold he comes back on to tell me that the magazine is still on backorder (I can see this, as my FNP-40 is not a common pistol) but that he found a distributor that has one in stock and will ship it to me ASAP. He also informed me that he did not cancel my order with browning, and as soon as they get one in they will ship me another mag to say "thank you" for my patience.

This was spot on customer service. Not because they are giving me free stuff but because Jeff understand a customer issue, and handled it. I was on hold, but only once. No transferring me around, no asking for a manager's approval, just seeing an issue and fixing it.

Tip of the hat to you Jeff, and Browning, you've got yourself a loyal customer.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment