Here I Stand

Here I Stand

Monday, September 19, 2011

Conversations through the smoke

It honestly never ceases to amaze me at the level of conversation and the people you can meet at your local cigar lounge.

First of all, I was slightly surprised and somewhat embarrassed by the amount of attention and celebrity that I received by writing for a startup cigar magazine. Nothing but complements from people that I didn't know, or knew only in passing, while old aquaintences talked up my virtues (whether real or perceived) to new ones.

My last visit to my favorite lounge not only provided hours of stimulating conversation in a friendly and sophisticated atmosphere, but also potential business contacts and a host of new opportunities.

I met, and hit it off with a pair of senior associates at what is basically my dream job, a celebrity in his own right (depending on the circles you run in... this man is well known to those familiar with Las Vegas and a deck of cards) and quite a few new readers for the magazine - which, by the way, is available in hard copy at most Orange County tobacconists, or by requesting a subscription from the website.

Sometimes you can be just as productive holding a cigar in your hand as you can holding a pen.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment