Here I Stand

Here I Stand

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Video of Afghanistan Ambush

Video clip that was forwarded to me from Lightfight.net - 101st Airborne in action. Good example of a Light Infantry firefight, and a great reaction from the whole team. Hazy point at 10 seconds in, where the TL nearly flags his own man right after the fight starts, but all in all, this guy is a stud, and that 40mm will swing a close fight any day of the week. Awesome video


101st Airborne Ambush - Afghanistan

1 comment:

  1. I'll be the voice of dissent. Fuck that video. Mr. BAMF-Wannabe almost blasted his own dudes in the first 2 seconds of the fight (what the hell was left pointman doing, stumbling backwards to cover?). He obviously doesn't maintain his rifle well, as I counted at least 2 jams, one of which is probably responsible for him not shooting his own man in the initial counterfire. He has an ACOG that he never uses for anything more than a carry-handle. He doesn't take cover once that I could see, and fires a fucking 40mm into a tree, which is either dumb or a gamble that failed. What was up with setting his rifle down and leaving it? Dude is a stud, but was basically showing off for the camera as far as I could tell. No rear security either. The only thing I saw going right was immediate fire superiority, which we all know is a necessity in an ambush. Then again, they never closed the distance to destroy the enemy.

    Yeah, I'm doing the Monday morning QB thing, but then again, I figure I know better. Nothing goes perfectly after those shots are fired, but this video is hardly one I'd be bragging about.

    ReplyDelete