Here I Stand

Here I Stand

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Reagan said it best

... Life is not so dear and peace not so sweet as to be purchased by the chains of slavery.

There are still we few out there who beleive it is better to die on our feet than live on our knees, that war may be an ugly thing, but it is not the ugliest thing. To paraphrase John Stuart Mill, we know that those cold and dispasionate souls who beleive nothing is worth fighting for will only be made and kept free through the efforts of better men than themselves.

And so, I give you, President Ronald Reagan:












Reagan - We Must Fight speech

Always remember than people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

1 comment:

  1. I love President Reagan (truly one of my 3 or 4 heroes), and he would want you to know that the initial quote came from Patrick Henry.

    As stirring as this line may be, it is followed immediately by the most famous words in all of American oratory: "Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

    Otherwise, good start to your blog. Hope we can keep the sidebar ads up for awhile so you can earn a few pitiful pennies to support your lifestyle in Sunny California.

    ReplyDelete